Monday, August 8, 2011

Contest

It's been a while - sorry. I'll give a quick update.

I recently won a bit of a contest where people could "vote" on my book from over 5,000 other books. Winning the contest means I get an experienced editor to read White Star and give me a full review. I'm excited about this and nervous as all get out. I had a lot of revising and editing to do before turning my precious baby over to them, but it's done. Go me!

In the coming weeks, I will be sending out query letters to agents and test the waters on how well my book idea will be received. I'm nervous about this too. To be truthful, I should have already been doing this. The idea of failure had me stuck. But I'm pushing ahead and, sink or swim, I'm putting my book out there.

In a week or so I will post a link up where you can go read the first five chapters of White Star. I'm excited about this too.  Keep checking and the link will be here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment